Hi, I’m Sydney. You can call me Syd too.
I am an experience designer with 10 years of experience in the study and application of positive psychology. Through both scholarship and creative practice, my work explores how experiences of various kinds can contribute to psychological well-being outcomes for those who engage with them, and how this can be more effectively achieved through evidence-based practices.
My work includes:
- designing experiences at the intersection of applied positive psychology & entertainment and leisure.
- creative writing for interactive media
- consulting on experience design for well-being interventionists & on the psychology of well-being for experience designers
- writing and speaking about interactive media, experience design, and positive psychology
- conducting game user research to improve usability and meet experience goals
- blogging about the connections between my favorite topics (especially BTS, positive psychology, and experience design)
I have a master’s degree in Games and Health from the University of Southern California (USC)’s Interactive Media and Games Division and bachelor’s degrees in psychology and English from Tufts University.
Other stuff I love includes Dragon Age, The Sims, rhythm games, RPGs, narrative games, Parks & Recreation and The Good Place, magical realism, hip-hop and jazz dance, seeing live music (thank you for wearing a mask so we can all enjoy this again), going to museums (really… 😷), learning Korean, and motorcycle jackets.