Hi, I’m Sydney. You can call me Syd too.
I create memorable and emotional entertainment experiences. I’m most interested in how interactive media and experience design relate to mental health and the broader pursuit of a fulfilling life, and how that relationship can be strengthened through research-informed design.
I recently graduated from the University of Southern California (USC)’s new MA program in Games and Health within the Interactive Media and Games Division.
- designing games and interactive experiences for entertainment, well-being interventions, and a mix of those two
- creative writing for games
- consulting for integrating scientific knowledge about emotional and psychological wellness into interactive media design
- writing and speaking about games
- conducting game user research to study usability and experience goals
- blogging about the connections between my favorite topics (mostly the pop group BTS, positive psychology, and interactive media)
Other stuff I love includes Dragon Age, The Sims, rhythm games, RPGs, narrative games, Harry Potter, Parks & Recreation and The Good Place, magical realism, hip-hop and jazz dance, live music, museums, learning Korean, sushi, and motorcycle jackets.