Hi, I’m Sydney. You can call me Syd too.
I create memorable and emotional entertainment experiences. I’m most interested in how interactive media and experience design relate to mental health and the broader pursuit of a fulfilling life, and how that relationship can be strengthened through research-informed design.
- designing interactive experiences for entertainment, well-being interventions, and a mix of those two
- creative writing for interactive media
- consulting for integrating scientific knowledge about emotional and psychological wellness into interactive media design
- writing and speaking about interactive media
- conducting game user research to study usability and experience goals
- blogging about the connections between my favorite topics (especially BTS, positive psychology, and experience design)
I have a master’s degree in Games and Health from the University of Southern California (USC)’s Interactive Media and Games Division.
Other stuff I love includes Dragon Age, The Sims, rhythm games, RPGs, narrative games, Harry Potter, Parks & Recreation and The Good Place, magical realism, hip-hop and jazz dance, seeing live music, going to museums, learning Korean, sushi, and motorcycle jackets.